National Teacher-Artist Prize Exhibition
208 Lennox Street, Richmond VIC
Exhibition 1st April – 16th April, 2022
The National Teacher-Artist Prize 2022 is a national contemporary two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) art prize sponsored by Zart.
It aims to encourage, recognise and celebrate the visual arts practice of primary and secondary school educators.
The National Teacher-Artist Prize was established to reward teachers by celebrating the value and quality of their individual art practice, supporting both their professional teaching practice and personal growth needs. The prize is a recognition of those who foster rich learning environments within school communities and promote the fundamental importance of the arts in children’s education. The prize aspires to be one of the most valuable events on the art and education calendar, being the only dedicated art prize for educators in the world.
The National Teacher-Artist Prize 2022 will be judged by a panel of four guest judges.
- Maree Clarke – Artist
- Vernon Ah Kee – Artist
- Roxanne Lillis – Inaugural NTAP Winner
- Margaret Baguley – President Art Education Australia.
The People’s Choice prize is decided by public vote, and the winner is announced shortly following the conclusion of the finalist exhibition.
- The winner of the National Teacher-Artist Prize receives an individual cash prize of $10,000 and their school receives $10,000 worth of art materials from Zart.
- The runner-up of the National Teacher-Artist Prize will receive $2,500 worth of art materials from Zart.
- Seven Highly Commended State-based Prize winners will receive $2,500 worth of art materials from Zart.
- The People’s Choice Prize receives an individual cash prize of $2,500.
NTAP 2022 Exhibition Viewing times:
Sat 2 April 10-2pm
Sun 3 April 10-2pm
Fri 8 April 2-6pm
Sat 9 April 10-2pm
Sun 10 April 10-2pm
Sat 16 April 10-2pm